1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Failed Vote Apendix99's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by apendix99, May 28, 2018.

1. apendix99

apendix99 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    apendix99
    About Me and My Experience on The Server

Well my username is apendix99 but my nick is set Dix and so most know me as such. I have been playing on zerpau.com for over to a year now and have seen players come and go have made friends with many. As a result of this i have seen our community grow and what we can do together. I am and have been involved in many server and player projects and plan to be as involved as I'm able to be foreseeable future.

Why Do I Want to Be a Staff
    Well I'd love to have more ability to help out on the server and to aid existing staff. I believe I can do well with the role and contribute more to the community. (but mostly i want to hold the ban hammer)

Why Should You Make me a Staff Member
    • I'm on the server regularly so I can be there when needed
    • I'm well known in the zerpau community and I believe that i'm respected by most players
    • I am friendly to new players and help them with the various aspects of the server whether it be the the economy or becoming an official part of our great community(a member)
    • I'm usually level headed and reasonable and try to be unbiased that said I do have a sense of humor (all-be-it a lacking one) as I'm not made of stone
    • I think of myself as mature but I understand that this is not always true
    • I try my best to get along with anyone and everyone, by being open and friendly
    • I believe I am capable and am ready for the responsibility

What are My (possible) con's
    We all have our faults and I certainly have mine
    • I am usually level headed but when I do break i have a tendency to go over the top
    • Not always a con but I am straight forward and don't have a problem telling you how is
    • I lack of experience in an administrative roll but am ready to learn so I can better help and support our community
    • I can be quiet (but am always happy to talk)

Finishing Words

I understand that I may not be chosen and am fine with possibility of this out come and i continue to support the server as best I can in the capacity that I already do. I would wish the other candidates good luck and wish them well in their elevated roll should they be chosen over me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lemon

Lemon Donator

Minecraft Username:
    _Bec
    YESSS YEESSSS YEESSS U WILL BE STAFF ITS A YES FOR MEEE
    #DIXFORSTAFF

3. apendix99

apendix99 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    apendix99
    thanx for the support reb

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daisy_Digger

Daisy_Digger Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Daisy_Digger
    Good luck Dix!

5. Lemon

Lemon Donator

Minecraft Username:
    _Bec
    np

6. Hammyboi230

Hammyboi230 Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Hammyboi230
  7. asacavanagh

asacavanagh Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    asacavanagh
  8. Djlat

Djlat Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Djlat
    I've just a few questions as to how you might handle a few different situations on the server if they were to occur. These aren't trick questions and there isn't any one defined correct answer as they are open to your interpretation.

1. You have a player who has been playing now for several weeks that you have developed a good rapport with. This member, a donator, has you teleport to them to show you their base. After showing you around you continue to have a look around their base. You find that it appears as though they have used x-ray to mine straight to ores. You discover that they have only done this a handful of times and that the times are dated back 300+ hours ago. What actions would you take?

2. A new guest joins the server and immediately starts talking extremely poor English or another language entirely. It would appear they are asking questions however other players are mocking this new player. After several minutes this new player stops talking but the different remarks from other players continue. What actions would you take?

3. A freshly accepted member has logged onto the server that you have not seen before. You decide to investigate their player history after noticing they already have full enchanted diamond armour and diamond tools. Likewise, you notice that they appear to have taken this items from another players house. Searching through the logs, you can see that there once was a player here, but it has been so long ago that there are no records of who this player is. What actions would you take?

9. CrazyPie27

CrazyPie27 Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    CrazyPie27
    Good Luck!!!!

10. apendix99

apendix99 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    apendix99
    1. You have a player who has been playing now for several weeks that you have developed a good rapport with. This member, a donator, has you teleport to them to show you their base. After showing you around you continue to have a look around their base. You find that it appears as though they have used x-ray to mine straight to ores. You discover that they have only done this a handful of times and that the times are dated back 300+ hours ago. What actions would you take?
    well the fact that they haven't could be explainable in at least two ways the first is that they may have done it back when they first started and stopped when they decided to stay on the server and the second is that they could of just x-rayed else where in the world. now as to my action i would give them a day ban with chance to appeal ban. I ban them because a rule broken is a rule broken and even if a lot of time has passed shouldn't effect judgement. the chance to appeal is given because it may have been a one of as and they may be regretful of said action.

2. A new guest joins the server and immediately starts talking extremely poor English or another language entirely. It would appear they are asking questions however other players are mocking this new player. After several minutes this new player stops talking but the different remarks from other players continue. What actions would you take?
    i would ask the players to lighten up on the new player and would remind them to follow rule 1 and 4. I would also try to converse with the player as best i can to help them out and answer there questions. Should the other players continue to harass the player i would mute them and give them a day ban if they harass the new player further or in some other way

3. A freshly accepted member has logged onto the server that you have not seen before. You decide to investigate their player history after noticing they already have full enchanted diamond armour and diamond tools. Likewise, you notice that they appear to have taken this items from another players house. Searching through the logs, you can see that there once was a player here, but it has been so long ago that there are no records of who this player is. What actions would you take?
    I would ask them where they got the tools as they could've been that play that own the house and they only just started playing again but should they respond that they found it or that they took it or prehaps they give a response with unlikely validity like a friend gave it to them i would ban them with appeal.

11. Lemon

Lemon Donator

Minecraft Username:
    _Bec
    SHIT UR GOING TO BE NEW STAFF SO JUST WELCOME OOF I GET SCARED WHEN I READ THIS LOL <3 Good Luck Ya Wont Need It :D

12. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    Movedddd to staff vote.

• Smart Smart x 1
  13. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    After discussion with the moderators, it was decided that 50% did not constitute a majority. We then held a tiebreaker which was unsuccessful for you, sorry.

Staff Vote

Should apendix99 become a moderator?

Yes: 2 Votes (50.0%)
    No: 2 Votes (50.0%)

14. apendix99

apendix99 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    apendix99
    thanks for considering me you know ill try again next time

• Like Like x 2