1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Rejected Appeal A Ban

Discussion in 'Appeal A Ban' started by Bacon, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Bacon

Bacon Member

Minecraft Username:
    baconcat27
    1. What's your username?
    Baconcat27

2. Why were you banned? What happened
    I was banned for core rules broken, grief and harassment. I logged onto the server and decided to help Orung and _Bec build Orung's prom building, we were all on a call on discord. We were all laughing and having a good time and Orung and I decided to pour some lava onto the fountains that _Bec was building, nothing that couldn't be undone, and Orung and I helped remake it each time. We never thought it was hurting her feelings as like I said we were all laughing on a call. We then moved on to making a pool, when Bec started to say some things that made us uncomfortable such as whispering into the mic saying "call me daddy" after asking her nicely to stop multiple times we decided to leave the call with Bec, so it was just me and Orung on a call. We also left the prom building and went to look at the build comp which I really wanted to join. All of a sudden coco_computer, Bec's friend came on and started telling me to "stfu" and just being rude in general. Orung and I tried explaining that is was a joke and was misunderstood, I'm assuming coco did not know the full story. I understand its not a joke if it's not funny but we were all laughing about it earlier on discord which seems unfair as 'events occurring outside of the ZerpAU server (ie: voice chats) are unable to be used as evidence'. This makes it seem as if Orung and I are solely the bad ones in this case. She never addressed the issue to us that she was upset until her friend came on.

3. Which staff member banned you?
    cocoDaWog

4. Do you think you deserved the ban? Why/why not?
    I do not think I deserved the ban as I think the ban was unfair as only half of what happened was actually on Minecraft and the things that happened on discord were not taken into account.

5. Using at least 5 reasons, convince us to unban you.
    I love the server and enjoy playing with my friends.
    I never intended to hurt anyone's feelings and she never told us she was upset.
    I have learnt my lesson and would never mean to harass anyone.
    I believe the full story was not seen properly.

2. cocoDaWog

cocoDaWog Retired
    Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    cocoDaWog
    As mentioned in a statement sent to you earlier today, we cannot consider anecdotes as evidence, in this case specifically, discord group chat recounts, as there is no evidence we can fall back on.

The investigation into this incident clearly displayed evidence of grief against another player, and verbal harassment belittling a player and making them feel they are the cause of the issue.

We have very simple rules, two of them being 'do not grief' and 'do not be a prick'.

To add to that, there are inconsistencies in your story, and your events are not in chronological order.

That being said, you will serve the 1 week ban to reflect on your actions, and improve your decision making for the future.

Appeal denied.