1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Rejected Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Appeal A Ban' started by Chryaien, May 5, 2018.

1. Chryaien

Chryaien Donator

Minecraft Username:
    TKO_Spirit
    1. What's your username?
    TKO_Spirit / Neako
    2. Why were you banned? What happened?
    TKO_Spirit: Banned for griefing. Basically I went to /warp ikea, lava and some other place (can't remember) and broke a few blocks here and there
    Neako: alt lol --> ban message

3. Which staff member banned you?
    Have no idea. Was offline when I got banned. I'm guessing Zerp / Purple though since they're so active and are good mods / owner

4. Do you think you deserved the ban? Why/why not?
    Definitely. I broke lava's redstone system, and quite a fair bit of ikea and that other place. Guilty, as charged. More importantly, I didn't admit to my "crime" and it was undetected for a while. I should have told mods earlier so that they could fix it.

5. Using at least 5 reasons, convince us to unban you.
    1. For the creative zones which I broke, I had NO IDEA I was in creative at first. The first few blocks I broke were purely accidental. I wasn't planning to grief, just spamming left-click out of finger-trigger. Nonetheless, I did break more blocks afterward, and for that, I'm sorry.
    2. For /warp lava, I admit, I was greedy. I wanted to get the gold which pigmen drop, and well, one thing led to another. From opening chests to taking coal blocks to breaking hoppers to breaking quartz. I regret that now. I'm sorry.
    3. I really just want to play with my friends again. I miss them. I don't intend to grief anymore. Not that wanted to truly grief in the first place; I just wanted some extra items. I'm sorry.
    4. Not really a reason but, as to why I didn't submit a ban appeal earlier, it was because the ban message said "day ban" and I really did not want to trouble the moderators to shorten a 24-hour ban.
    5. I'm really sorry. Not really bribing y'all, but if you unban me I'm willing to consider buying donator perks. Seriously, you guys have the best mod service I've seen so far. Keep it up :)

2. PurpleZircon

PurpleZircon Moderator Staff Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    PurpleZircon
    I've been discovering the grief inside ikea while tidying up after another griefer.
    I'll recommend the perm ban for griefing in creative be displayed more prominently at warp creative. If other mods wish to add to this feel free.

3. Chryaien

Chryaien Donator

Minecraft Username:
    TKO_Spirit
    Thing is that I didn't even go to /warp creative. I just typed /warp ikea straight from my base and voila I was there

4. Djlat

Djlat Moderator Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Djlat
    Why would it matter if you were in creative or weren't? Makes no difference, it still wasn't yours. The only part of this that actually means anything is 'I'm sorry'.
    Again, you've just repeated 'I'm sorry'.
    Fair enough, a deviation from your previous 'I'm sorry reasons'.
    As you've said, this isn't a reason.
    'I'm sorry, if you unban me I may give you money, but most likely not because I'm trying to use this as a leverage'.

So let us summate your reasons:
    1. I'm sorry
    2. I'm sorry
    3. I want to talk to my friends again
    4. Not actually a reason
    5. I'm sorry, I may give you money
    In my opinion, only the ones that are bold are valid reasons. You've realistically just repeated 'I'm sorry' for most of it.

It appears that you are more sorry that you got caught out rather than sorry that you griefed. As you even said

My recommendation would be that if TKO_Spirit is to be unbanned, that they should have their membership revoked and made to reapply. Likewise, a restriction should be placed on when they should be allowed to reapply.

That's all from me though @PurpleZircon

5. DraconisChaser

DraconisChaser Moderator Staff Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    DraconisChaser
    I didn't even know about the creative greifing at the time, I was told about lava's which is why it was only a temp ban, if I knew about the creative ones it would have been permanant

6. Chryaien

Chryaien Donator

Minecraft Username:
    TKO_Spirit
    @Djlat thanks for looking through my ban appeal. Just want to clarify some things:

Reason 1: Yes, I agree that it doesn't matter whether it was creative or not. However, I need to point out that I broke the blocks BY ACCIDENT.
    Do recall that I warped to ikea from a survival part of the map, so when I left-clicked the blocks, I wasn't expecting them to break.
    That's the main point of that.

Also, regarding "It appears that you are more sorry that you got caught out rather than sorry that you griefed."
    Not really true. I am sincerely apologetic that I griefed. It was with a heavy heart that I wrote the ban appeal. Otherwise I would probably have included something about being caught out in one of my reasons.

Please don't perma-ban me. I really want to play on this server again. I'll serve out my punishment of a temp ban if I have to. But please, I miss this server.

7. Zerp

Zerp Administrator Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    Ban expires in 4 days. You'll need to reapply for member though because clearly you're unfamiliar with the rule about not touching people's stuff.

By the way, if you accidentally break something, it's not that difficult to just fix the damage.. especially if you're in creative.