1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Disgusting acts from Moderators

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by insanepanda0221, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insanepanda0221

Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    insanepanda0221
    I decided to hop onto the server tonight, after getting some inspiration for a build i had put off in the creative world. i get on, mind my own business until i see Moderators making fun "bantering" (more like harassment) towards VampyMerraki, i didn't want to say anything, since they are moderators and should treat everyone with respect. but it just got worse and worse. i got sick to the stomach seeing what they were saying about him. I had enough and stepped in and asked the to stop talking about this. But to my suprise, one of the Moderators (cocodawog) decided to say "you dont have to read it, panda :)", which i replied with "you don't have to make fun of him either", after saying that. it went silent. i was fed up with it and left. During while this was all happening, someone from the discord, i don't know who also typed in chat about harassment. I don't know about anyone else. but i thought Moderators weren't supposed to make fun of people, they were supposed to be kind and supportive of people.

Because of the 10 file limit for uploading to a thread the last three screenshots will be in link form
    https://gyazo.com/9c67330d6464fc082bda363b05ae445c

https://gyazo.com/f2d0e48225557e4846bbeafb8d1cbce9

https://gyazo.com/8ad75241a97e9d696ea83dbc376f2f55

Sincerely
    Matt (insanepanda0221)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      49.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      51 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      62.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      56.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      64.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      55.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      54.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      53.6 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      56.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. insanepanda0221

Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    insanepanda0221
    Also coco, don't appreciate being called a "cunt", don't be a prick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. orung

orung Donator

Minecraft Username:
    orung
    RETWEET

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bacon

Bacon Member

Minecraft Username:
    baconcat27
    "it's not a joke if it's not funny" cause calling someone a cunt and then saying its banter is ok and funny?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jmilner143

jmilner143 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    jmilner143
    Interesting how Dracon got me banned for an actual meaningless joke about how we don't like each other, and here she is actually bullying someone to their face; then, knowing full well the chat can be viewed by everyone, calling panda a cunt. disgrace. never thought I would see the day where someone who was so adamantly against any bulling, even a joke, can be this rude to vampy (who is obviously insecure), and this rude to my friends.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bacon

Bacon Member

Minecraft Username:
    baconcat27
    I think it's a bit hypocritical banning us for harassment when there are mods insulting other players. For example, calling zampy a creep multiple times and calling panda a cunt, which I think is extremely childish for a moderator who is meant to be fair and kind to everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  7. orung

orung Donator

Minecraft Username:
    orung
    Moderators are supposed to be setting positive examples.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jmilner143

jmilner143 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    jmilner143
    The fact that the moderators keep trying to hide this post should be enough proof that they know what they did was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bacon

Bacon Member

Minecraft Username:
    baconcat27
    It is extremely petty how some moderators can't even admit that they have made a mistake and are in the wrong..

• Like Like x 1
  10. orung

orung Donator

Minecraft Username:
    orung
    so in other words wog doesn't care for us

Attached Files:

11. Bacon

Bacon Member

Minecraft Username:
    baconcat27
    Thought moderators were supposed to care about and be fair to everyone on the server, I guess not?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Djlat

Djlat Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Djlat
    Team,

This is an open letter to the whole of the Zerp community, and not directed towards any person.

I understand that there is a lot of frustration within the community at the moment, and this is a fair reaction. I know exactly what it feels like to be frustrated and know that you are being ignored and silenced, and the abject anger that it can cause. I also know what it can feel like to watch a mate get the weight of the world put onto their shoulders and not be able to help. These feelings can seriously affect us, and sometimes can cause us to do and say things that we'll come to regret with reflection. When we say and do things from this place of anger, we bypass our rational thought and go straight for what feels right at the time.

It's better to step back, relax and act from a position of unbiased and impartial thinking.

Easier said than done, I know, but sometimes we just need to remove ourselves from our emotions and avoid the hurt that can be bad choices, for both others and ourselves.

Any concerns from the community pertaining to moderating staff should be raised, and you shouldn't feel that you can't speak to someone who can take action and investigate it. Be it concerns with a moderators conduct or behaviour, if you feel that a moderator has acted inappropriately in their duty then you should report this privately, not through public means. You can do this through another moderator who you feel comfortable talking to about this, or Zerp.

Due to the implications arising from multiple moderators being involved within this situation, it would be inappropriate for myself to step in and take counsel. As such, this matter will be resolved directly by Zerp.

I feel it important to note that I haven't been asked to write this, nor is this an official staff statement. This is not from my position as a moderator, and this isn't from my position as a long-time member of the server. I am writing this as a member of the Zerp Australia community; from one member to another.

While I understand that everyone would like to assist in Zerp's investigation, I ask that we all allow for Zerp to go through and consider the current circumstances without external bias. If you believe that you need to add further comment, then I would ask that before you do, stop, walk away from the situation for a few hours and contemplate whether your additional comment is going to assist Zerp.

Guys and girls, we need to remember that we're all human and we're all here to enjoy ourselves. Everyone's going to make mistakes, and that's just something that we can't avoid. The sooner we accept faults, the sooner we can move on. You may not like everyone on the server, or some people might not like you, but that's the inevitability of the world. What matters is that we can overcome adversity and treat each other with respect and dignity.

Let us now step back out of this, and allow Zerp to do his investigation.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    Oh my god.

First of all, everyone is way too emotional right now so I'm going to be really blunt. Pls dun hate me. Or do. Whatever. :)

Regarding this thread; stop virtue signalling. It's hardly harassment to reply to someone who is spilling the woes about their dating life and bragging about having quasi-girl alt accounts, and no less asking for it ("is anyone there?"). If you're coming on the server and sharing all of that it's kinda expected that people will chime in about how they feel. You can't play victim in that case and expect much sympathy, so it's a bit of a reach guys, especially when Vampy themselves hasn't signalled to any of us that they're actually genuinely upset over it (that should be the first thing you do, after /ignoring the said player). So yeah, I'm not really taking this counter "argument" seriously.

Second, regarding your bans. I can only take action on things that happen on the server and/or forums. Hence, any private messaging on discord or calls are things I have no way to verify, and quite frankly, am not interested in at all because I'm not your parent. Block someone if you don't like them, it's not that hard. But anyway, I'm quoting directly from your member applications:
    You quite clearly understand that you can't touch stuff that you didn't create without getting permission. You did that to Bec's builds. You also did it in the creative world, which is meant to carry a permanent ban. Therefore, even though it was most likely in jest and without malice, I think the temporary ban is fair and it is what I would have given you based on those actions alone.

In regard to the harassment claims, this is something I have seen thrown about far too much, including by the moderators. I personally don't think any harassment was involved in your bans, and it's definitely not the right word to have used. It would fall under not being a prick, since it did seem like accusing Bec of griefing her own stuff would have been quite irritating (not worth a ban though, hence only the temporary one). I'm definitely going to have quite a chat with the moderators on what actually constitutes harassment and when to intervene, because I think that word (and the consequences it entails) should be reserved for just that. If it's thrown around at will, it loses all meaning and creates drama like this.

About being called a cunt, it's pretty unsavoury and not what I want from the moderators, so I will definitely have a chat with coco to discuss further. That being said, it was in the heat of the moment and I'm sure you'll understand that moderators are humans and make mistakes too Panda.. I mean, it would be hypocritical not to given that you used your residual permissions to access the staff forum and spread information. You should have told me that I screwed up with permissions instead of abusing them, that mak mi sad. :(

In summation, the bans will remain in place for the reasons I've given. If you have further issues with them (apart from the stuff I've addressed here), I have unlocked your appeals and any replies will be assessed directly by me. I don't want to see anyone else chipping into this apart from those directly involved. The moderators and I are going to ignore all private messages concerning this situation because those just lead to miscommunication and gossip. I'm also going to have quite a stern chat with the moderators involved and make sure we're all on the same page regarding rules and especially "harassment."

Locked.

• Hot Hot x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.