1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Failed Vote Ham's Staff App (why not?)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Hammyboi230, May 26, 2018.

1. Hammyboi230

Hammyboi230 Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Hammyboi230
    I know this is a weird situation because of the self inflicted ban thingy and all but I'm gonna go ahead and lodge this application anyway. :3

Anyhow, I think when I return, I'd make a great addition to the team of staff members for the reasons below:

1. I'm a highly enthusiastic and active member of the community. Even during my hiatus, I've been around through the discord chats (and previously, the IRC) being engaged in the going-on's in the server.
    2. While I'm generally a fun loving and silly character on the server, I am also mature and responsible whenever I need to be.
    3. I'm very familiar with the rules and have never broken them. I'm ready to take the next step and actively enforce them in a firm but fair manner.
    4. I'm very helpful and welcoming towards new players and those in need. When I first came on, I loved the extremely generous culture that was present on the server and I've done my best to perpetuate it.
    5. I like cheese (?) (Purple said it in his app and he got accepted...)

Like the last app, I'm fully ready to accept rejection (especially considering the strange circumstances I've created) but I'm happy that you've taken the time to read and consider me app :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. CrazyPie27

CrazyPie27 Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    CrazyPie27
    Good luck Ham!!
    Fingers Crossed!
    Hope you being "Banned" doesn't affect the decision! haha XD

• Like Like x 1
  3. ScrubKatt

ScrubKatt Premium Donator
    Premium Donator Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    Good luck Ervin!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Djlat

Djlat Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Djlat
    I've just a few questions as to how you might handle a few different situations on the server if they were to occur. These aren't trick questions and there isn't any one defined correct answer as they are open to your interpretation.

1. You have a player who has been playing now for several weeks that you have developed a good rapport with. This member, a donator, has you teleport to them to show you their base. After showing you around you continue to have a look around their base. You find that it appears as though they have used x-ray to mine straight to ores. You discover that they have only done this a handful of times and that the times are dated back 300+ hours ago. What actions would you take?

2. A new guest joins the server and immediately starts talking extremely poor English or another language entirely. It would appear they are asking questions however other players are mocking this new player. After several minutes this new player stops talking but the different remarks from other players continue. What actions would you take?

3. A freshly accepted member has logged onto the server that you have not seen before. You decide to investigate their player history after noticing they already have full enchanted diamond armour and diamond tools. Likewise, you notice that they appear to have taken this items from another players house. Searching through the logs, you can see that there once was a player here, but it has been so long ago that there are no records of who this player is. What actions would you take?

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. PurpleZircon

PurpleZircon Moderator
    Staff Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    PurpleZircon
    What is your favorite cheese?

• Like Like x 1
    • Smart Smart x 1
  6. Hammyboi230

Hammyboi230 Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Hammyboi230
    @Djlat - Responses to the questions:

1. Firstly, I would alert other staff members so that we can determine whether or not my initial thoughts are correct. If other staff members agree with me that there is sufficient evidence to prove the player has used x-ray hacks, I have no choice but to issue a permanent ban to them since they have clearly violated rule 2 (Playing fairly). In the ban message, I would clearly state the rule that they've broken and give them an opportunity to appeal at http://zerpau.com/forums/appeal-a-ban.11/

The fact that I have a good rapport with them is irrelevant as one of my primary responsibilities as a moderator would be to enforce the rules of the server. Since it is also stated that they have been playing on the server for a few weeks, they should also be familiar with the rules and ignorance shouldn't be an excuse.

2. I would do my best to communicate with the new player and help them with getting started on the server. As for the actions of the other players, I would caution them that they are violating rules 1 (Respect everyone) and 4a (Don't be a twat) and thoroughly warn that if anyone continues, they will be muted for an hour.

While Zerp Australia is an English speaking server, it is unfair and disrespectful for people to make fun of other people for their language.

3. Once I have decided there is sufficient evidence to prove that those items don't belong to that player, I would immediately jail them and ask them to remove all their items from their inventory while explaining that they have violated rule 3 (Don't touch stuff that isn't yours).
    If they are cooperative, I would leave them in jail for a short amount of time and tell them to revise these rules: (http://zerpau.com/pages/rules/) before releasing them.
    If they refuse to do so and/or are uncooperative, I would seize the stolen items and immediately temporarily ban them providing the same link in the ban message.

It is irrelevant whether or not the player who has been robbed is inactive or not. Touching other players' things is against the rules regardless. While all new players are heavily encouraged to read the rules, I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt to cooperative players at first if it seems they have made an honest mistake and/or misunderstood the rules. However, if the player were to break the same rule again, I would distribute a permanent ban as they have clearly proven themselves untrustworthy.

@PurpleZircon

Mozzarella :3
    (Yeah, I'm a bit of a cheese normie)

7. Lemon

Lemon Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    _NyQuil
    Good Luck Hamster Sorry for that bad post did not mean to I did not notice I did that my bad

8. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    Let's see.

Moved to staff vote.

9. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp