1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Rejected ScrubKatt - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ScrubKatt, May 28, 2018.

?

Whats better?

1. Cats, of course.

33.3%
  2. Ah, I'm a little unorthodox so I reckon Geckos.

22.2%
  3. Each to their own...

11.1%
  4. They're both pretty cool ;)

33.3%
  1. ScrubKatt

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    Hi!
    My name is ScrubKatt or, as many of you call me, Katt! After a fair bit of consideration, I’ve decided to apply for the special role of a Moderator. Let me explain why.

The first two most surprising things I noticed about this server was the overwhelming sense of acknowledgement and support I received the first moment I connected to Zerpau.com and the lack of the hard-to-prevent inferiority/superiority hierarchy generally displayed on Minecraft servers. It hit me as a surprise because, after playing on various servers for many years, I had accepted that servers did not acknowledge or treat players as equals unless they had gained status from playing on a server for years. This is a major part of the reason I love ZerpAU. All players are supported and treated as equals regardless of their supposed “rank”, everyone joins in on group server conversations many late nights and everyone’s opinions are heard. I love that this server values the fact that all of the Moderators and Admins are fair, easy to talk to, chat with and they treat you like your own interests and opinions are valid and I believe I can uphold all of these aspects of ZerpAu while watching out for and supporting all players on this special server. I would be able to dedicate most evenings to moderating the server or assisting in it and occasion day time hours as well. Likewise, I also have the Discord App on my phone as well as my computer which makes it easy for me to watch the Discord Server Chat as well.

I believe that I would be a good candidate for the role of Moderator for these reasons:

1. ZerpAU is family. Over the past half a year, I have formed many friendships with all the people on the server including Dix, DraconisChaser, CrazyPie, QuasiGecko, Ham, Daisy, Asa, Coco, FungusKing, CursaJai, SQUNTO, Zerp and Djlat. These people, along with many others, have shared many diverse opinions, early mornings and late night discussions with everyone online and I feel very connected and safe with the community, giving it a sort of family-vibe support. As Moderator, I would do everything in my power to help provide every player with an equal chance at also being a part of this ‘sense of belonging’ to the tight-knit ZerpAU community.
    2. I communicate well. I am calm, listen well and consider all opinions before coming to decisions. I try to adjust my way of explaining things to fit the person I am explaining it to and am not afraid to simplify my words to help people understand what I am trying to express.
    3. I enjoy the challenge that leadership provides and work well in teams. Although I have never had any leadership position experience on any games, I have been part of leadership roles throughout school and other hobbies and commitments. For example, I have been part of many group projects especially at school where critical thinking and fair decisions were put forth and implemented into the tasks at hand. Some of these included organising a group of classmates during the designing and building of a 3D model shipping container accommodation for the victims of Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu and organising music events and performers alongside other students and teachers. I also must mention that I took leadership of the construction of The Big Mamba and its surrounding Terrain.
    4. I have a strong sense of morality and fairness. I feel that decisions should be based off the best interests of everyone affected by them. Hopefully I have displayed this throughout my 5-6 months of playing on ZerpAu.
    5. I would uphold the values of the server. Especially my favourite; The “Don’t Be a Prick” rule.
    Ultimately, regardless of whether I am appointed this position or not, I will continue to be a usual active and supportive player on the ZerpAu network, hoping to make many of you laugh through your hard times with my occasional shitposting and bad jokes.
    This server is a beautiful creation! Give my compliments to the chef!

-ScrubKatt

• Hot Hot x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    #1 ScrubKatt, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. Hammyboi230

Hammyboi230 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Hammyboi230
    #Scrub4Staff
    (Although the fact that Hams aren't in the poll made typing that really hard)

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Hammyboi230, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  3. QuasiGecko

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    QuasiGecko
    100% believe Katt would be a quality Mod.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ScrubKatt

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    Hahaha very sorry, I'll include that next time!

5. ScrubKatt

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    Thankyou!

6. Daisy_Digger

Daisy_Digger Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Daisy_Digger
    Best of luck Katt! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ScrubKatt

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    Thankyou!

8. CrazyPie27

CrazyPie27 Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    CrazyPie27
    Good Luck Katt!! Hope it goes well! <3

9. ScrubKatt

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    Thankyou!!!

10. Djlat

Djlat Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Djlat
    I've just a few questions as to how you might handle a few different situations on the server if they were to occur. These aren't trick questions and there isn't any one defined correct answer as they are open to your interpretation.

1. You have a player who has been playing now for several weeks that you have developed a good rapport with. This member, a donator, has you teleport to them to show you their base. After showing you around you continue to have a look around their base. You find that it appears as though they have used x-ray to mine straight to ores. You discover that they have only done this a handful of times and that the times are dated back 300+ hours ago. What actions would you take?

2. A new guest joins the server and immediately starts talking extremely poor English or another language entirely. It would appear they are asking questions however other players are mocking this new player. After several minutes this new player stops talking but the different remarks from other players continue. What actions would you take?

3. A freshly accepted member has logged onto the server that you have not seen before. You decide to investigate their player history after noticing they already have full enchanted diamond armour and diamond tools. Likewise, you notice that they appear to have taken this items from another players house. Searching through the logs, you can see that there once was a player here, but it has been so long ago that there are no records of who this player is. What actions would you take?

11. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    A good application but you're not really committed as per your comments on discord.