1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Important Server Upgrade/Downtime

Discussion in 'News/Announcements' started by SQUNTO, Apr 9, 2017.

?

What should be added to the shop?

1. Wheat

2. Bread

3. Diamond Blocks

4. Fish

5. Cocoa Beans

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SQUNTO

SQUNTO Retired
    Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    SQUNTO
    I am now upgrading the server which will involve a few different stages.

Firstly we're changing hosts which is going to be better for everyone.
    It even includes backups which is something we didn't have before (I just downloaded everything to my computer every month which was a horrible experience).
    Secondly the world border will be expanded and the terrain will be generated.
    After all this I will see how everything is running and then decide from there what will happen, we SHOULD be able to run our custom terrain plugin all the time now, which will include some extra features such as custom biome colours (only if you install the client-side mod), mob spawning changes in certain biomes, and most notably ocean monuments will be disabled. I might even increase the stronghold count and wood mansion count, maybe.
    After all of this is done we should see our community grow again to at least what it was before. More plugins will be added, such as the pvp/mobarena plugin and possibly a trading plugin.

I will keep everyone updated in this official server upgrade thread. :grin::-)

Right now there will be downtime while we transfer the server over.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SQUNTO

SQUNTO Retired
    Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    SQUNTO
    :rainbow: Status Updates: :rainbow:

3:42 PM AWST
    SERVER CLOSED AND WHITELISTED
    4:25 PM AWST
    New Server Installing
    ?:?? PM AWST
    Server Transferring. . . (Due to start soon)
    Just waiting on a response to my support ticket - Will update here ASAP
    5:43 PM AWST
    SERVER TRANSFERRING. . .
    We had an oversized dynmap folder so currently working on fixing that

• Agree Agree x 1
    #2 SQUNTO, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    Maintenanceeeee modeeeeeee. :rainbow:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. SQUNTO

SQUNTO Retired
    Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    SQUNTO

7:48 PM AWST
    TRANSFER COMPLETE
    7:50 PM AWST
    Starting on map border fixing/expansion. . .
    CURRENTLY TRIMMING WORLD BORDER 100% DONE . . . (Might have a few rounds of this just gotta be careful with this plugin because it causes problems (terrain tearing))
    Working on a few more rounds of trimming. . . ONTO THE FINAL TRIM NOW

NOTE TO ZERP: POSSIBLY IRC NEEDS FIXING BECAUSE OF IPS? @Zerp: they should be fine :]
    NOTE TO SELF: FIX VOTIFIER
    9:11 PM AWST
    World Border expansion in progress, slowly but surely we are expanding.
    Check the progress on the live map.
    DON'T EXPECT THIS TO FINISH TONIGHT. IT WON'T. Tomorrow morning everything will be complete though. Will continue to post updates all tonight until everything is finished.
    Only two problems I can see right now, lighting glitches (which has always been a problem), and a very slight visible border of torn trees along the current world border. Nothing can be done about the visible border, but the lighting glitches can be manually fixed by placing blocks to update the chunks... This isn't easy or fast but it's the only way. That'll be dealt with eventually though.
    10:52 PM AWST (Sunday)
    JUST GONNA LET THE WORLD BORDER EXPAND OVER NIGHT - WILL CHECK IN TOMORROW AND FINISH UP ANY EXTRA EXPANSIONS THAT ARE NEEDED TO FIX ERRORS.
    8:57 AM AWST (Monday)
    [ALERT]: CPU too high, shutting down server to avoid possible damage 643.8% CPU
    So we had a problem, but everything's going again now... I'll see what I can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #4 SQUNTO, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. _ShadowFiend_

_ShadowFiend_ Donator

Minecraft Username:
    _Shadowfiend_
    that's a shame

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. SQUNTO

SQUNTO Retired
    Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    SQUNTO
    Thank you to our new host for having a much better system though - We can still go over the ram and cpu limit, this keeps the server running as well as it can (obviously it shuts down though when we reach massive resource usage which is totally fair)
    Still expanding border currently, won't be too long now.

7. SQUNTO

SQUNTO Retired
    Retired Staff

Minecraft Username:
    SQUNTO

10:52 AM AWST (Monday)
    Expansion Complete!
    The server has been upgraded. You can now join as usual.
    Unfortunately many of our voting sites now have very low uptime (below 20%) which is a big problem for us. We're working on updating our voting system.
    I'll also continue to slowly expand the border, as well as the end border eventually.

There will be downtime occasionally throughout the next week so don't be surprised. We will be changing around plugins and adding in some new things.

#7 SQUNTO, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017