1. Welcome to Zerp Australia!Welcome!

Connect to minecraft using zerpau.com or join us on the forums by signing up.

Below are some useful links:

Dismiss Notice

Failed Vote Staff Application - QuasiGecko

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by QuasiGecko, May 27, 2018.

?

Is Gaviscon or Mylanta2Go better?

1. Gaviscon

33.3%
  2. I reckon its Gaviscon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yeah nah I'd wager Gaviscon

66.7%
  1. QuasiGecko

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    QuasiGecko
    Username: QuasiGecko

I hope to make this concise, with a distinctive lack of Autofellatio. If you have any questions remember to slide into my DM's and I'll be happy to answer your questions ;).

Relevant Experience:

• Co-Admin of Two Facebook Meme Pages.
    • Founded and led a considerable and active DayZ Clan. (17 Members at peak).
    • Trained and well versed in Conflict Resolution and Crisis Management with the Country Fire Authority.
    • Moderated on both a Tekkit (2015) and Voltz (2016) server, both based in Australia.
    How does aforementioned experience apply?:

I've had experience moderating two modded MC servers, both of medium sizing, I hope to use this past experience to guide myself within the role of Moderator on Zerp. Other than actual moderating, I've also had experience promoting and structuring strong communities based upon friendly interaction within Facebook communities, and within my DayZ clan, where my Mods and I attempted to build a strong sense of Comradery amongst it's members, to overall success. I hope to reciprocate the same on Zerp, or at least maintain the current community spirit, which is phenomenal. Finally, the Conflict Resolution and Crisis Management training I received from the Country Fire Authority, and subsequent reinforcement on a bi-weekly basis gives me a fairly strong foundation upon which I hope to settle disagreement between players and general discord.

Why do I want to be a Moderator?:

Zerp has a few prevailing features few other servers possess. Firstly, the community, as I mentioned before is phenomenal. There is next to no toxicity or elitism. It is simply the most friendly server I've been a part of. Secondly, the backbone to the community, is the fair, just and mature execution of moderating and Admin duties. Moderators such as Djlat, DraconisChaser and PurpleZircon set a high standard for Zerp that I believe should be reciprocated amongst all Mods. I've applied because I hope to maintain that standard and make playing on Zerp the fantastic and life saving experience it was for me, for everyone.

Why should we pick you over other applications?:

I believe I'm mature enough and experienced enough to maintain the standards set by previous Moderators, additionally I have no desire to partake in server drama or general cringe. I have a strong desire to create an enjoyable and awesome experience for everybody on Zerp, especially newer players, I'd like everyone to have a similar experience to mine, one of absolute friendliness and acceptance. I'm keen for the challenge of moderating my favourite online community.

I'd like to add that for some time I have been somewhat absent, this is due to a legal battle and costs associated with fighting it. As it has calmed down significantly for the time being, and will never be as stressful, I will be far more available from here on out, barring Exams. I hope my previous absence doesn't too negatively affect my chances.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, I hope you have a pleasant day/evening. Best of luck to all applicants!

- QuasiGecko
    maxresdefault.jpg hqdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
    #1 QuasiGecko, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. ScrubKatt

ScrubKatt Premium Donator
    Premium Donator Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    ScrubKatt
    #Gecko4Staff #Vote4Gecko #HisWin=YourWin

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. Hammyboi230

Hammyboi230 Premium Donator
    Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Hammyboi230
    #comradeGecko4staff

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. Djlat

Djlat Moderator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Djlat
    I've just a few questions as to how you might handle a few different situations on the server if they were to occur. These aren't trick questions and there isn't any one defined correct answer as they are open to your interpretation.

1. You have a player who has been playing now for several weeks that you have developed a good rapport with. This member, a donator, has you teleport to them to show you their base. After showing you around you continue to have a look around their base. You find that it appears as though they have used x-ray to mine straight to ores. You discover that they have only done this a handful of times and that the times are dated back 300+ hours ago. What actions would you take?

2. A new guest joins the server and immediately starts talking extremely poor English or another language entirely. It would appear they are asking questions however other players are mocking this new player. After several minutes this new player stops talking but the different remarks from other players continue. What actions would you take?

3. A freshly accepted member has logged onto the server that you have not seen before. You decide to investigate their player history after noticing they already have full enchanted diamond armour and diamond tools. Likewise, you notice that they appear to have taken this items from another players house. Searching through the logs, you can see that there once was a player here, but it has been so long ago that there are no records of who this player is. What actions would you take?

5. QuasiGecko

Build Comp Winner

Minecraft Username:
    QuasiGecko
    @Djlat Got some answers for you.
    Q1. You have a player who has been playing now for several weeks that you have developed a good rapport with. This member, a donator, has you teleport to them to show you their base. After showing you around you continue to have a look around their base. You find that it appears as though they have used x-ray to mine straight to ores. You discover that they have only done this a handful of times and that the times are dated back 300+ hours ago. What actions would you take?

A: My first actions would be confronting the member with sufficient evidence, providing more if requested. I would follow this up by using the aforementioned rapport to establish a dialogue through which I'd condemn X-Raying or using a modded client in general to gain an advantage, relating it back to the server rules and upholding fairness. Given the use of the hacked client was of a considerable time ago, and hadn't happened since, I wouldn't impose any punishment other than a very strong warning, as a temporary ban being applied to the player at that stage would be of benefit to nobody, and only breed potential resentment. If said member continued to X-Ray or use an unfair modded client after the warning, I would give them a temporary ban and allow them to appeal on the forums. For clarification: the players rank as a financial doner or general member, as well as their person relationship to me has absolutely no bearing on the actions I'd take.

Q2. A new guest joins the server and immediately starts talking extremely poor English or another language entirely. It would appear they are asking questions however other players are mocking this new player. After several minutes this new player stops talking but the different remarks from other players continue. What actions would you take?

A: My first actions would be to advise said players to drop the remarks and mockery, in the form of a warning. If players continued to mock the new player I would mute them for 1-3 hours. I would explain to the muted players why I had muted them, citing the 1st rule about respecting everybody, and the 4th(a) rule, of not being a twat. I'd advise that the players who mocked the new player offer their own apology at some point in time. I myself would attempt to offer an apology to the new player, but advise them on Zerpau.com being an English only server (if they were speaking a different language entirely). I would then continue to answer their questions and provide assistance best I could.

Q.3 A freshly accepted member has logged onto the server that you have not seen before. You decide to investigate their player history after noticing they already have full enchanted diamond armour and diamond tools. Likewise, you notice that they appear to have taken this items from another players house. Searching through the logs, you can see that there once was a player here, but it has been so long ago that there are no records of who this player is. What actions would you take?

A: I would confront the player, providing sufficient evidence. I would explain that they had broken rule 3: Don't touch stuff that isn't yours, and that generally stealing things is unfair. I would rollback the theft, stripping the player of the stolen possessions, and having them return to the house they were stolen from. I wouldn't temp. ban the player, instead giving them a strong warning, pointing out the fact that they had become a member, and thus was required to know the rules and can't claim ignorance. If the player re-offended I would temporary ban them and give the member a chance to appeal on the forums.

My apologies if these responses are too long or extensive.

6. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp
    it's a match!

Moved to staff vote

7. Zerp

Zerp Administrator
    Staff

Minecraft Username:
    Zerp